- Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association (OCAA)
- Association of Law Officers of the Crown (ALOC)
- Senior Association of Crown Attorneys
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers (CABL)
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (Ontario) (FACL)
- B.A. (Hons) – McGill University, Montreal P.Q. – 1986
- LLB – University of Toronto – 1989
- Called to the Bar 1991
- West Region Sexual Violence Crown, Sexual Violence Advisory Group, Ministry of the Attorney General, 2015-present
- Crown Attorney, Huron County, 2011-present (on secondment)
- Assistant Crown Attorney, 1994-2011
- Associate Lawyer, Siskind, Cromarty, Ivey and Dowler, 1993-1994
- Research Assistant/ Lawyer, Sarnia Judicial Inquiry, 1993
- Research Lawyer/Law Clerk, Ontario Court (General Division), Southwest Region 1991-1993
- Advocates’ Society
- Huron Law Association
- Ontario Association of Senior Crown Attorneys
- Ontario Bar Association / CBA
- South West Region Women’s Law Association
- Women’s Law Association of Ontario
Contributing to the lives of children, the elderly, and people with developmental disabilities.
I am seeking re-election and ask for your support. I would be honoured to continue to work for you.
Priorities for our profession include:
- Promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion and implementing the Challenges report;
- Ensuring fiscal accountability;
- Regulating in the public interest and achieving effective oversight through our governance structure;
- Facilitating access to justice including through collaboration with stakeholders;
- Embracing opportunities and confronting challenges of technology and globalization;
- Supporting all lawyers, with a focus on sole and small practices to ensure access to supports and resources;
- Implementing enhancements to Articling and Law Practice Program to reduce barriers and to ensure quality placements free from harassment and discrimination.
As a Bencher, I am engaged, committed and dedicated, as evidenced by my attendance record and involvement in committees including Chair of Audit and Finance, Chair of Human Rights Monitoring Group, Co-Chair of Compliance Based Entity Regulation, and member of the Indigenous Review Panel.
While I am a government lawyer, I work in Goderich which is a small town and I understand the challenges facing sole and small firms and rural practitioners. As a Prosecutor, I have dedicated my career to providing access to justice for victims of domestic and sexual violence – the majority of whom are women and children. As the West Region Sexual Violence Crown, I am one of seven Prosecutors in the province dedicated to enhancing the quality of sexual violence prosecutions and the victim’s experience in the criminal justice system.
I am a proud member of a legal family and a third-generation lawyer. I am honoured that my nominators are my husband, four brothers, two brothers-in-law and nephew whose experiences include a variety of:
- Settings – small towns and big cities;
- Practice areas - criminal, insurance, banking, mining, energy, civil litigation, real estate, wills; and
- Practice sizes and types - two lawyer firm, large firms, in-house, non-practicing corporate.
Like the majority of lawyers, they are hardworking, dedicated, committed professionals who enhance the reputation of the profession and the administration of justice. I believe in the dignity and integrity of the profession and that each of us must uphold those standards.